Monday, June 3, 2013

Free "Scentsy" Bars.

Hey there! Rach here!
And today Imma learn ya how to make your own wax smelly bars that can go in those cute little burners.
Like this one.
This is one that is apparently from Yankee Candle, but I have gotten them from Walmart, and even the dollar store.
Got this little guy from the Dollar Store for a buck!

 So, if you haven't gotten into the wax burning/oil burning craze, you should, because Im' about to show you something awesome.

If you are like me you freekin' LOVE scented candles! I love 'em love 'em love 'em.
But there's a problem that the very frugal me always has with regular candles.
                                            THIS. Candle F*cking Residue
I paid for these candles, and as far as I'm concerned, that wax is MINE.

I've seen on Pinterest a couple of chicks melting down the wax and layering all the leftovers to make one big new candle. But I don't have wicks just laying around my house, and I'm assuming you don't either.

So, here is my solution.





Cute little wax bars! (That are shaped like tiki heads, because that's the mold I had.)

Here's what you are going to need:

-Silicone ice trays ( I got mine from, you guessed it, the dollar store)
-Some spent candles

-And a stove with a pot of water. Sorry some of these pics are wonky, don't know why...:(

And, some sort of glove, it could even be a pot holder, as long as you can get a good grip.

Start simmering your water. Simmer bitches, NOT BOIL.
                                         WTF?

Anywho,using just enough water to fill past the level of wax in the jar and make sure NOT to get water in the jar...just around it.
Then, just let it hang out until the wax turns into liquid.
                                    Ohhh, melty.

Next USING A GLOVE OR SOME HAND PROTECTION "CAUSE THAT SHIT IS HOT.
Pour liquid (carefully into molds)






You can see here that I put aluminum foil underneath the mold, because wax is a pain in the ass to clean up, so, if any gets spilled, just crumple that shit up and throw it away! :) Feel free to mix and match scents!







Here is the mold, full of melted wax from your candle. Let this set for a while to dry, make sure you are doing this in a place where it can sit till it does just that, because walking around your house with a mold full of hot wax is just asking for trouble.

When your wax is dry, it will look like this. (or what ever color candle you used).
Then, just pop 'em out!
                        Aw! Look at all those little faces! Just waiting to be melted...muhahahaha!
                 Close up of a little cutie I made out of a cinnamon apple candle!
And there you have it folks! Use every bit of your candles! And now, you have cool empty jars to re purpose!

All hanging out together! (you can keep your scents separate if you want to, but I've never had a "scent - blending problem). Also, segregation is bad.

You can use creative molds or ice cube trays you find (silicone works best) and make sure you don't use them for actual ice after you do this. Chemicals and whatnot.
Take your cute little bars and put them in a baggie and get you a cheap burner and TADA! Cheap gift! :)

So pop 'em in your burner and enjoy!
                                 Stupid picture. My burner looks fat.

Happy Crafting.
<3 Rach.











No comments:

Post a Comment