Monday, May 27, 2013

The Bright n' Early- (Memorial Day Drink recipe)

Hey guys,
In honor of Memorial Day weekend, I have decided to post my recipe for my version of an alcoholic Arnold Palmer, which I call the Bright n' Early, because we all know that golfers have a knack for making 10 am drinking classy. Something about the birds still chirping, and the sun barely above the horizon makes you want to hit some balls, and get schmammered. So this weekend, while you are out barbecuing and gathering with family, make yourself and your family (children not included, of course) some of these. It will impress them, I promise. Here we go.......
1. Gather the necessaries.
         You will need:
-VODKA!!! The king of all that is drinkable and lovely. (I used Skyy, but you can use any vodka you have on hand, this drink recipe will pretty much cover up the taste of the cheaper stuff. OR you can run some Stoli through a brita pitcher and BAM! It is wayyy improved. )
-Lemonade! I bought the stuff that is a dollar per half gallon. beat that!!
-Sweet Tea! Now, being from the south, i usually make mine, but I had run out of tea bags, so i had to buy this processed crap for this go.
-Optional, Lemons and Strawberries. Okay, totally not optional if you are going for the WOW factor, muy impressive. It makes people think, "I wish I was thoughtful enough to put fruit in my drinks"



Golfers, ASSEMBLE!!!!!


Now add some ice to your tall glasses, and pour in 2 shots of vodka. Or 4, or 10. 
yes, that shot glass IS real crystal. and from the thrift shop.
Next, add the rest! I put my lemonade in first, because, like Rachel described in her Tequila Sunrise post, the lemonade is more dense, making the tea sit a little bit on top of it. Your family will be in awe, and you will revel in the domestic goddess glory. 
The only way to get smashed on this lovely holiday.


Now you will want to make sure that you have a lot, and I mean A LOT of tea and lemonade, because these are going to be a hit. AND they are so simple to make, you can describe the process to your significant other from your lawn chair, and have them make the rest. I tip my hat to you golfers, for bringing about early morning drinking, and inspiring this lovely yard drink. 
FORE!







No comments:

Post a Comment