Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Prosciutto wrapped Sirloin Steak!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
       My new love is meat. ( giggle if you must) Seriously, in my time cooking, I've always thought of meat as something to be put onto heat and served. My poor husband ate a lot of crockpot meals, and pretended to like it. Lately, I have been eating Paleo-ish ( dietary guidelines aren't for broke bitches like me) This new food guideline has opened my eyes to new ways to enjoy the thing that now adornes every plate at every meal, COOKED FLESH!!!! Also, I will share a secret with you...I refuse to grill anything. We have a charcoal grill at the house, and I refuse to step near it. It intimidates me. Thus, I am bringing you a pan-seared (gasp!!!) steak recipe that will bring tears to your eyes and make you worship cows like a Hindu.
Because I have an infant (read lazy) I needed a quick, easy protein recipe and here it is....You're welcome in advance.

You will need:

mustard ( use the good stuff, ballpark yellow mustard won't do the trick here)
1/2 lb prosciutto
4 palm sized sirloins
small amount of coconut oil
your fave seasonings

WAIT!!!! A fancy Italian ham, what about me and my blue collar??? Yes, it seems fancy, but FEAR NOT!!!! you can find this at any deli counter.

Lets get to it!
1. Slather steak in mustard, don't drown that shit, just enough to cover the outside.
2. Wrap steak with prosciutto and secure with toothpicks.
3. Sear in heated coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Cook to your desired done-ness. Season as you go in the pan with your desired seasonings. ( I was too lazy to reach into my spice cabinet, so I used salt, pepper, and garlic and onion pwder, because they were already on my counter. )
4. Done...
.......Yep. Read it again. Done.

Let it sit for a few minutes before digging in, and top with Parmesan or feta cheese, and then revel in the glory of the domestic goddess compliments. Also,enjoy the tequila sunrise recipe that Rach shared, or a beer as I did, because cooking, like crafting, is always more fun under the influence.



No comments:

Post a Comment