Monday, April 22, 2013

Intro - Rachel

Hi! Let's get to know each other, k?
My name is Rachel, and I have lived in South Carolina all my life...yay....
I'm quirky, to say the least, and I have a fucked sense of humor. I live with my dog Bowie, and my boyfriend Jack, in Charleston.
I am artist first, slacker second. My drink of choice is coffee, until it's time for booze, preferably red wine.
I usually identify with the Venus Flytrap, because I, like the carnivorous plant, am full of condescending qualities. I love Iron Maiden, but will never say no to some opera. I usually have my nails done, but will be the first one out in the yard diggin some shit up.
I met Elyse in high school and between cheap cigarettes and many trips to thrift stores, we became fast friends. No one got my humor like her, and she was always up for adventure, which at that time, I sorely needed in my life.
But, as you get older, things change, like dust in the wind, blah blah, and she moved.
But you know what? We came up with this awesome idea! We blog together!
Starting a blog is hard on your own, especially when readers expect regular entries.
Plus, out of all the crafty thrifty blogs out there, I have had my fill of the Martha Stewart crap.
( I have 5 kids, but still manage to make lunches, drive to daycare, workout, yoga, and make beautiful crafts!) BLugh.
Yeah right. Time for some young blood in the competitive ring of crafty blogging.
Sometimes, you're so broke you can't afford to pay attention. Doesn't mean you can't have or make nice things. :)   
So join us on our crafty, cranky, crazy adventure, won't you?
_Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment