Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First Task, Mini Craft

Hi!
Lets get the party started!
Here's some jams while you read this blog post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

Sorry, I had to do it.
Now, if you are like me, you can't remember anything unless you write it down. And even then, you have some trouble remembering what it was you were supposed to do, or buy, or whatever.
So, I keep a little magnetized notepad on my fridge. Because I will go to the grocery store, and buy everything BUT what I needed, and then some.
It isn't until I get home and start putting things away, that I realize I forgot milk and that was the whole effing reason I went to the store in the first place.
But dammit if I didn't get this fabulous new shampoo. :)
So, the paper is taken care of, but where in the hell are all my PENS?!
So I made this
                                                                    Handy. 
So to create this wonderful piece of organizing magic, I first  acquired a empty spice container, and popped off the plastic top. (Make sure it's empty, or else pepper EVERYWHERE). It comes off pretty easily with just prying of fingernails, but if you are a total wimp, feel free to use a butter knife.
 
I used pepper, but any spice will do, dill weed (lol), thyme, or eye of newt, just whatever you have around. 

   
Now empty, I cleaned out any leftover spice with a paper towel.
                                                               OOOOh, shiny....

Then I found some regular old magnets and stuck them to the back, like so.
                                                   
You can glue said magnets if you wish, but they seem to stick to the metal like some sort of...magic....

                                                           VOODOO. 

Then, with your new magical powers, stick that sucker to the fridge.
                                                                   Booyah.
Then, fill with desired writing instruments, i.e. pens, pencils, quill, whateves. We don't judge here at CUI.

 Why so many red pens you ask? Because people don't steal red pens. Scientific fact, look it up chumps. 

                    And there you have it, a handy receptacle for all your note jotting needs. 


Don't limit this to the fridge, or just for pens, stick it on a file cabinet, or make another and fill it with small things, like wet naps, or business cards. Hell, paint it if you want to, cover it with fabric.
You know what, do whatever you want. I don't care.
Just kidding. Thanks for reading and don't forget to it's always ok to create under the influence!
<3 Rach.

No comments:

Post a Comment