Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Vitamin C hair dye removal, Episode 1!

Hey guys, Elyse here

In my last post, I told you all about my latest frustration...getting this blue dye out of my hair. Since then, I have spoken with a friend of mine that told me that the brand and color I used is the hardest to remove. I have been using Ion Brilliance, in various shades of blue, including their teal and aqua shades, gleefully dying my hair what would end up being the most stubborn blue. So, if you're reading this Ion, fuck you. If you come across this post before you use this brand and color, please please turn back, while you still can!!


Anyways, brace yourselves, because this post is going to be picture laden with horrifying images of my face with no makeup! EEK! If you've decided you have the balls, join me now in the confusing adventures of Vitamin C dye removal, and my review of the results. 

The before pic: beware, here there be no makeup dragons.
Content not suitable for children


First, I went out and bought Vitamin C pills, tablet style. Not chewable, not gummy. Tablets. Take a mortar and pestle and crush about 20 of those suckers up. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, sucks for you. Put the pills in a ziploc baggie and crush them with a rolling pin. 


make sure there's no lumps or hard bits. it should be powder. 

Now, add two parts shampoo (clarifying shampoo like head and shoulders or baby shampoo works best.) to one part powder. Add to moist hair, and lather. Lather like your ass is on the line. It might get gel-like, or it might be runny. 

Warning: This is for the people that may not have any common sense. If it burns when it's on your head, rinse it off. Right away. Don't blame me when you get a rash, but I didn't. 

Now it may get runny, so wrap your head in a plastic bag, and have a towel on your shoulders. 





I left this this goop on for two hours as the other blogs about it suggested. Yeah, I don't have much patience, but I was able to wait it out. I didn't feel any tingling, or anything from this. It didn't run on me, but I had a towel near by just in case. Gotta protect my solid-gold sofa.

I rinsed it out, and didn't see any color coming with it, which was disheartening.
 After drying, the blue near my roots had lightened some, but overall, this method didn't do much for me. Also, (and pay attention, this is important)
It dried my hair out like a mofo. It has taken some intensive care to get them back to a semi-healthy condition again. Now, some people who have tried the Vitamin C method say it takes a couple tries. I, however, will not being doing it again. The results were not at all worth drying my hair out so bad, and I'll be trying something out next time. Any suggestions of alternative color removal methods? Comment below. My locks are your guinea pigs. Oh, and here is the picture of the next morning, with the results of this failed, failed experiment.




Until next time, enjoy responsibly!
Elyse


No comments:

Post a Comment