Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Hair Journey...From Blue to White

AKA...why won't the blue dye get the fuck out of my hair?

Hey guys, Elyse here, and I am writing a two part post about my hair. After all of my shades of pastel hair, I had decided a few months back to use semi-permanent blue, in a few shades. I loved it. But now that it's time for a change, I am completely unable to lift this damn blue out. After doing some research, I found out that blue and green dyes are some of the toughest to get out. Frustrated, I looked for answers. Here's the hang-up, I cannot bleach my hair again until I heal it a little. It's fried like an egg in the desert.

Not my kid. 
I looked up ways to get this color out of my hair, (in order to put another one in of course,) and I came up with EVERYTHING. From crushing up vitamin C pills, to oil pulling, to awful bleach, to voodoo magic. I may have been exaggerating one that last one. 
So, here I am at a crossroads. Which one do I try? Well, I hope you are prepared to follow us for a few weeks because I am putting my hair through all of these, or until I find one that works, and reporting to you guys with the results of each. Prepare to see my face with no makeup, EEK! And hopefully some good results will be found. That's right, for all of you who are sitting at home with faded, but very persistent blue hair, I am sacrificing myself FOR SCIENCE!!! (and I will document it for your use. You're welcome, assholes.) 


So stay tuned viewers! 

Part two of my post is brief. Because I will be wrecking my hair, most likely, I need to start with some semi-repaired locks. I jogged to the store..jk I fucking drove. And I randomly selected a Keratin conditioner. Went home expecting little results, and damn was I wrong! 

This shit is made of angel tears and the blood of a virgin.
I used my regular shampoo, conditioned with this, and not only does it smell like coconut heaven, it works. From the first time i used it, I noticed an immediate improvement in my ends. Less split ends, much easier to comb through wet, and brush while dry, and best of all, I will be able to commence Operation Blueless, starting with episode 1: Vitamin C. And no, this company didn't pay me a cent to whore their product. Although if you work for them, and want to send me money, please feel free.





No comments:

Post a Comment