Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The long lost child returneth...



WOW! So, after many illnesses and my schoolwork, I have been a horrible blogger. But...NO MORE!!! So I am bringing you a drink recipe to wash down all of your blogless sorrows. ( and probably a few of mine.)

Mamrie Hart, everybody
Anyways, it should come as news to most of you that I am making a girly drink. GASP! Well, sometimes I have been known to drink something other than dark beer and brown liquors.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, I bring you 
My artist husband dolled this one up
As you may be able to tell, this one captures how I feel about missing my blog.
Anyways, this one is really simple to make. 

What it takes:
-A martini shaker. could you just use two cups that fit nicely inside of each other? sure. be fancy. 
-Smirnoff cranberry vodka...(smirnoff isn't my fave, but they saved me the trouble of infusing the vodka.)
-orange juice, the cheaper the better (that's what he said) 
-a mandarin orange, if you're feeling fancy

Please ignore the other bottles in the background. It takes a village to make a drink...that's how it goes...right??




First: Fill that shaker almost all of the way up with ice. Don't be a weenie.
Second: Add...
                  2 parts orange juice to 1 part cran-vodka
Third: Shake it like you've never shaken before. I'll let you in on a little secret...a proper martini has a layer of ice crystals on top of the liquid in the glass. This means it's cold, and oh..so...smooooth. 
Pour in a glass, and garnish with whatever you feel like. I used a mandarin orange peel. 

Now you've done it! Now, sip, smile, and wave. Because if you poured this into a juice glass, no one will ever know. Well, except after you're sloppy. Then they might know. C'mon, kids, it's lunch time!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment